Permission Marketing vs Interruption Marketing:
Permission-empowers customer by asking for permission to talk to them.
Seth Godin's 5 steps to a profitable relationship:
- Offer future client a reward for voluntary participation
- Inform them over time of your product/services
- Renew rewards so they'll prolong permission
- Offer additional rewards to gain more permission
- Gradually change customer's behavior towards a profitable situation
- Customers daily lives are constantly interrupted by messages.
- Majority of them don't come on request
- As number increases, customers can't cope. They only have limited attention span and thus are selective.