The 4 P's of Direct Mail:
- Physical Attributes-size, shape, thickness
- Printing-color, paper
- Personalization-lists, fulfillment
- Postage-Machinable, mailable, readable
- Physical characteristics
- Folding-spine down orientation
- Merlin-(Mailing Evaluation Readability)
- verifies presort, bar code quality, basic mail piece dimension-thickness-size
- Non manchinable surcharges
- Mailable-rectangular, shape, size, thickness, address orientation-horizontal
- Automation Postal Discounts-
- aspect ratio=length/height, must fall between 1.3-2.5.
IE 6x6, would be 6/6=1 and would not qualify.
- no polywrap, polybag, shrink wrap, clasps, strings, buttons etc.
- Tabbing or Glue tabs-depends on fold at bottom or top.